Outlook Custom Task Form Syncing Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My company utilizes the Outlook Task form to track projects. We have created custom task forms and update them every so often. I recently updated an accounting custom task form and published it under the same name that the old form utilized. Now only some of the projects show this updated form when opened. It has been about 2.5 weeks since I published the update so it is clear that it is not just taking time to circulate the update through the system. There also does not seem to be any clear reason for why some forms update and others do not. None of the users of these forms have gotten an error message and everyone sees the same updated forms vs. not updated, so it is not dependent on individual servers. 

Is there a way to force the updated form through the whole system so that all of our projects update with this new form?

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:27 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi HollyChase,

from the description of the thread, it looks like your is not related with development.

this forum only handles Outlook object Model related issues.

so for better response and better solution for your issue, I move this thread to Outlook it pro discussions forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 3:07 AM
  • Hi Holly,

I can't imagine what problem could it be, because you didn't get any error message, but anyway I think you might try using some syncing software. Maybe it was just uncomplete synchronization. I heard many uses AkrutoSync, maybe it could help.

Friday, November 10, 2017 1:27 PM
  • Hi Holly,

You will need to use a macro and run it from a template as we suggested in the following Microsoft KB article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/201087/how-to-update-existing-items-in-an-outlook-folder-to-use-a-new-custom

Or, you may also consider other macros as described in this article:

https://www.slipstick.com/developer/vba-set-existing-contacts-custom-form/

(Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.)

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Steve Fan Tuesday, November 14, 2017 8:15 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Thursday, November 16, 2017 10:33 AM
    • Marked as answer by HollyChase Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:37 PM
    Tuesday, November 14, 2017 2:06 AM