none
Task doesn't show up in PWA RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Project Server 2010.

I have certain tasks that I can see in the Gantt when I open it in MS Project but they don't appear when I edit/view the Gantt in PWA.

Monday, May 6, 2013 12:39 PM

Answers

• Yes, you can use save as . Before publish new file please re-check  all the measures.

kirtesh

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:46 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 7:27 AM

All replies

•  Try to Save and publish your project plan again. On PWA side check if any Filter is applied.

kirtesh

Monday, May 6, 2013 1:31 PM
  • I did so a couple of times and it didn't help unfortunately and there were no filters.

Eventually I copied one of the missing tasks at the bottom of the gantt and saved and published. The 'missing' one then appeared on PWA together with the copied ones at the bottom. Could this mean that the file is corrupt?

Monday, May 6, 2013 2:25 PM
  • Please change the task schedule mode then save and publish.

Also check In MPP for task constraint if any is applied.

kirtesh

Monday, May 6, 2013 3:00 PM
  • All the tasks are auto schedule. Should I change them to manual just to see if it works?

There are no specific task constraints.

Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:53 AM
  • In which view you are trying to view the task.

Check if any filter is applied, try to change the view (check for all the view). Try to change schedule mode.

also create one new task in the project from PWA then save and publish the task then check.

Also In MPP side open project from server not from cache.

kirtesh

Thursday, May 9, 2013 12:38 PM
  • Thanks for the feedback.

The issue is that the tasks don't show up at all in project server. In other words not in the 'my tasks' view and also not in the gantt.

If the same user opens the gantt in MS Project then the tasks can be seen.

In other words it isn't due to a filter (as they have all been cleared), they are all auto schedule and the tasks were created from MPP.

It would not be convenient to only create new tasks in PWA and not MPP.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 2:39 PM
  • I think project plan is corrupted my friend. I would suggest you to use administrative restore to restore working copy.

You can also check task availability in draft and publish database.

Please check if any baseline is been used. In MPP. Check if any resource is assigned for summary task or  project summary task.

you can also use proj tool for investigation.

kirtesh

Friday, May 10, 2013 4:50 AM
  • I agree that the file is corrupted. 

Instead of doing a restore as I don't know when it became corrupt, I was thinking of doing a 'save as' and importing the new file.

Any ideas?

Friday, May 10, 2013 6:06 AM
  • Yes, you can use save as . Before publish new file please re-check  all the measures.

kirtesh

• Marked as answer by HFprojects Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:46 AM
    Friday, May 10, 2013 7:27 AM