Cannot make skype call to another user RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Suddenly we cannot make skype call/video call and share desktop to only one user from SFB client. Even when he is in available status. As soon as we click call, message "is unavailable or may be offline" displayed. No error if we chat/send IM to the user.

If we call another user, it works normally. Calling.. status displayed on SFB client.

Our environment is SFB 2015 server on-premise. We have tried to delete sign in info and relogin,but still failed. Where can we start tracing this error log on all sides?

Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:08 PM

Answers

• Hey, 

sounds to me more like a problem with some data in the server. 
    What happens when you sign-out and sing-in to another skype for business Client on another computer?
    Is it maybe possible to remove the account from the Skype for Business Server --> Wait a few minutes for replication --> and then activate the account again. Maybe something is wrong with the data in the databases of the server. When you remove the user, the data will be removed and afterwards built up from scratch. 

When you would like to backup the data like contact groups, you can export the user configuration and afterwards restore it. 

I hope this helps,

Other way would be to check the server logs, but this is more complex and will take much longer than the first option. 

in the past I also had one strange problem with a user when it came to calling. Readding it to SfB solved the problem.

Greets,
    Markus

• Edited by Markus_95 Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:01 PM grammar
    • Marked as answer by Read One Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:00 PM

All replies

• Hey, 

sounds to me more like a problem with some data in the server. 
    What happens when you sign-out and sing-in to another skype for business Client on another computer?
    Is it maybe possible to remove the account from the Skype for Business Server --> Wait a few minutes for replication --> and then activate the account again. Maybe something is wrong with the data in the databases of the server. When you remove the user, the data will be removed and afterwards built up from scratch. 

When you would like to backup the data like contact groups, you can export the user configuration and afterwards restore it. 

I hope this helps,

Other way would be to check the server logs, but this is more complex and will take much longer than the first option. 

in the past I also had one strange problem with a user when it came to calling. Readding it to SfB solved the problem.

Greets,
    Markus

• Edited by Markus_95 Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:01 PM grammar
    • Marked as answer by Read One Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:31 PM
    Wednesday, January 23, 2019 10:00 PM
  • Hi,

I'd like to further confirm with you some points as following:

1. Have you tried with other account to call this user? Does the issue persist?

2. All the other users could accept your Skype call except this specific user, right?

3. Is the target user in the same network environment with you otherwise he is the external user who is outside your organization?

If the issue only occurs to this specific user, and still happens when you try with other accounts when calling, then it would be caused by the account itself. Please try to re-enable this target user from Admin side to have a try.

Please revert back if any.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, January 24, 2019 9:13 AM