Recall Email Notification sent to wrong user RRS feed

• Question

• I have an incident where a user received an email recall notification but they were not listed recipients on the original email.

In Message Tracking I can see that Mark sent a message to Jill and Tom on the same exchange environment. Mark recalled the message and Jill, Tom and Lily received a recall notification from Mark.

Mark received a successful recall notification for Jill, Tom and Lily.  Lily received a recall notification in her mailbox.

The original message was never sent to Lily.

Ideas?

Tuesday, October 2, 2018 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As per my experience, since the Bcc recipients will not display in the original emails, please check if their is any transport rule that is used to send Bcc emails from Mark to Lily.

Let me know the result.

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Manu Meng Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:03 AM
    Wednesday, October 3, 2018 7:38 AM
  • Hello,

I did look into that and found nothing configured.  I also checked into Message Tracking for Lily and she never received the original email.  She got the recall notice only.

Kind regards,

Joshua

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 1:16 PM
  • Hello,

I did look into that and found nothing configured.  I also checked into Message Tracking for Lily and she never received the original email.  She got the recall notice only.

Kind regards,

Joshua

We recommend you to re-send the a message to Jill and Tom, then see if Lily will receive the message and check the message tracking log at once. Wait for a moment and try to recall the message and see if you could reproduce the issue.

We suggest you run the following command to check the message tracking log:

Get-MessageTrackinglog -Sender Mark@domain.com -MessageSubject <subject> | fl

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Manu Meng Tuesday, October 9, 2018 1:51 AM
    Thursday, October 4, 2018 2:12 AM
  • Thank you for the help.

The Get-MessageTrackinglog command was so helpful in determining what happened with these messages.

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 2:03 PM
  • Thank you for the help.

The Get-MessageTrackinglog command was so helpful in determining what happened with these messages.

OK, so what is result? Could you find Lily from the message tracing log?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Friday, October 12, 2018 5:36 PM