Skype for Business client get a WHite SCreen for several seconds while transtioning from point to point to multi-point/MCU RRS feed

• Question

• Skype for Business client get a WHite SCreen for several seconds while transtioning from point to point to multi-point/MCU

When i´m on a point-to-pont skype meeting everything is fine. But when we call another users to the call (changing from point to point to multi-point), the call is transfered to my Cisco MCU system (CMS, similar to Telepresence and TMS), the screen gest WHITE and several seconds later, the MCU gests the conference and everything goes ok

The problem: End users, frequently close skype for business, because they think that something goes wrong

It will be important to not see the white screen, i understand that if this theory of the transition from point-to-point to the cisco MCU looks ok to me, but end users are cancelling their conferences and impacting in the conferences

I´m thinking if we could have a more "smooth" transition, a slightly delayed screen update, something to avoid the user´s perception that something goes wrong

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 8:02 PM

All replies

• Hi KayZerSoze,

Did the issue appear on all users in your environment?

Please try the following troubleshooting steps:
    1. Delete SFB cache files and test again. %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\sip_UserName@Domain.com
    2. Install the latest update for your SFB client and you could also perform a clean boot on your computer, please refer to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135
    3. Moreover, you could try to repair office.
    4. For Lync server, you could also install the latest update for it.

Furthermore, I will share an article about configure Cisco MCU for SFB, please refer to
    http://aurus5.com/blog/cisco/cisco-mcu-skype-for-business-part-1/

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 6:20 AM
  • Hello Kay, 

Just wanted to understand few things , the way u integrated Cisco  to work with Skype for Business, did you utilize the VIS server in picture , also i could  see that MCU conference if we are doing with CISCO then the MCU need to be hosted in Cisco than in SFB, Did you face the issue when a Cisco user invites the SFB user for a conference , is that showing the same White screen in the user end ( SFB)  or does it work  fine.

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 9:51 AM
  • Regarding the updates, clearing cache and so on, i´m not sure if it matters, bacause the problem occurs in 100% of the users, all users. It´s unlikely to imagine a cache problem in all users

they´re really probably running the same version with the same updates, we can try to update

There is no Lync, i´m using Office365/Cloud

I´ll do mor testing

• Edited by KayZerSoze Wednesday, April 5, 2017 1:36 PM typo
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 1:35 PM
  • The cisco product in use is the new "CMS", Cisco Meeting Server (previously "Acano")

I´ll check if it is the case

Wednesday, April 5, 2017 1:37 PM
  • Hi KayZerSoze,

Thanks for your response。

For this issue, please try to check the configuration which suggested by Akampa, if the issue persists, we suggest you post in SFB online forum because our forum is for SFB on premise only.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, April 7, 2017 9:17 AM
    Thursday, April 6, 2017 7:59 AM