none
Transport RUle: Exchange 2010

Question

• hello everyone,

here is my requirement.

1- i want  some of my users to receive external email only from few email address and the rest of external email should be blocked for them.

2- i want some of my user to receive email only from certain domain and the rest of domain should be blocked for them.

please assist me how to create this rule in exchange 2010

thanks greenman.

• Edited by GreeMann Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:16 AM
    Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:15 AM

All replies

• How about you trying to do it and if you have problems, tell us everything you've done specifically and what you're seeing happen.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 8:02 PM
  • Hi,

Your requirement can be satisfied by setting up rules like this:

For the first requirement: Set up a transport rule in EMS. 

New-TransportRule -Name '1' -Comments '' -Priority '0' -Enabled $true -SentTo '16user1@contoso.com','16User2@contoso.com' -RejectMessageReasonText 'Text' -RejectMessageEnhancedStatusCode '5.7.1' -ExceptIfFrom 'user1@domain.com','user2@domain.com' -ExceptIfFromScope 'InOrganization'

For the second requirement: Set up another transport rule in EMS.

New-TransportRule -Name '2' -Comments '' -Priority '0' -Enabled $true -SentTo '16user1@contoso.com','16user2@contoso.com' -RejectMessageReasonText 'text' -RejectMessageEnhancedStatusCode '5.7.1' -ExceptIfFromAddressMatchesPatterns '@domain.com','domain.com' -ExceptIfFromScope 'InOrganization'

Best Regards,

Manu Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 6, 2017 1:58 AM
  • Dear Manu Meng

as i regularly modify the this rule so how can i add similar rule through Exchange Management Console ?

thanks

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:09 AM
  • Hi GreeMann,

You can easily update or edit Transport rules via the GUI interface of the Exchange Server 2010.

Refer the below article for you to edit the rules.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998262(v=exchg.141).aspx

Kind Regards,

Dileepa

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:47 AM
  • Hi GreeMann,

You can easily update or edit Transport rules via the GUI interface of the Exchange Server 2010.

Refer the below article for you to edit the rules.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998262(v=exchg.141).aspx

Kind Regards,

Dileepa

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 4:49 AM
  • Dear Manu Meng

as i regularly modify the this rule so how can i add similar rule through Exchange Management Console ?

thanks

Hi GreeMann,

It's ok to set up transport rules in EMC. But for the first rule, you should set the rule to add the users outside the domain (user1 and user 2) to the “select recipient” list. This can be only done in EMS.

In EMC:

1. Open EMC -> Microsoft Exchange On-Premises -> Organization Configuration -> Hub Transport
    2. In Actions Pane, click New Transport Rule. 
    3. Type a name, then select conditions, actions and exceptions.
    4. The two roles can be set as follows:

1) For the first rule:

Run this cmdlet: Set-transportrule 1 -ExceptIfFrom 'user1@domain.com','user2@domain.com'.

Open the rule to see the change.

2) For the second rule: you can totally set up it in EMC.

Best Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:13 AM
  • Hi GreeMann,

Any updates? Have you tried my suggestions?

Best Regards,

Manu Meng

Monday, July 17, 2017 9:43 AM