I want to set windows reader options RRS feed

• Question

• I want it to wake up in the 2 page option, or at least one of the 2 options that is set for horizontal scrolling. Why it wakes up in the vertical scrolling is curious since it's not the windows 8 "way"... (if you don't get this, then you don't understand why windows 8 is a great step forward)

There MUST be a way to set the default reader "view"..... (prob in regedit)

Greg
    Friday, December 21, 2012 4:27 PM

Answers

• Some folks feel installing Adobe Reader is the solution to Windows Reader's shortcomings.  It didn't take me long to decide to install it.

I like horizontal document access myself (as it is more like turning pages in a book), but...

If you think there actually is a "Windows 8 'way'" then you don't understand that Windows 8 was just a hodgepodge of random UI development without design, made up as the coders went along.  It has the distinct appearance of a bunch of disparate ideas thrown against the wall to see what might stick.

When I want one app per screen and book pages that turn there's iPad, which gets it right.  The UI features of that system appear to have been created by someone who cares, working as part of a team.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:43 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:57 PM

All replies

• Some folks feel installing Adobe Reader is the solution to Windows Reader's shortcomings.  It didn't take me long to decide to install it.

I like horizontal document access myself (as it is more like turning pages in a book), but...

If you think there actually is a "Windows 8 'way'" then you don't understand that Windows 8 was just a hodgepodge of random UI development without design, made up as the coders went along.  It has the distinct appearance of a bunch of disparate ideas thrown against the wall to see what might stick.

When I want one app per screen and book pages that turn there's iPad, which gets it right.  The UI features of that system appear to have been created by someone who cares, working as part of a team.

-Noel

Detailed how-to in my eBooks:  

Configure The Windows 7 "To Work" Options
    Configure The Windows 8 "To Work" Options

• Marked as answer by Juke Chou Tuesday, January 8, 2013 10:43 AM
    Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:57 PM
  • Noel,

As you have already seen, any thread turning negative about Windows 8 will soon be deleted by the forum moderators!!

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 3:57 PM