none
DPM 2010 and SharePoint 2010 databases RRS feed

• Question

• Apologies in advance if I missed it--I searched the forum and could not find a solution to my problem.  I'm trying to use DPM 2010 to backup SQL databases used by SharePoint 2010.  These are failing for some (but not all) of the SharePoint 2010 databases with a "path too long" error.  I searched for information about this issue and found a number of articles indicating that this can fail for SharePoint 2010 databases that are created by the Farm Configuration Wizard and have GUIDs appended to them.  This all makes sense, and the articles that I read indicated that the solution to the problem was to rename or move those databases. To start with, I picked a couple of SharePoint Databases for which the rename process is very easy...the web analytics databases.  I renamed them successfully, and refreshed everything in DPM, yet the backups still fail with the exact same error, and if I look at the data on disk on the DPM target, it still uses the old database names--including the GUIDs...and the same is true for the DPM_SQLPROTECT folder on the SQL Server itself.  Am I missing something?  How do I get DPM to release what seems to be a reference to the old database names?  I've even re-booted the DPM server, with no luck.

Thanks.

• Moved by MarcReynolds Friday, February 18, 2011 1:20 PM (From:Data Protection Manager)
    Thursday, February 17, 2011 5:58 PM

All replies

• Try deleting the PG and reprotecting for that particualr database
    Thanks, Nutesh Garg [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, February 23, 2011 9:26 AM
  • MarkGro,

Did Nutesh's suggestion work for you?

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Monday, March 7, 2011 9:33 AM