locked
Site collection usage reports not getting updated. RRS feed

  • Question

  •  

    We migrated from sps 2003 to moss 2007 and hindi language pack on win 2k3 sp2 box. I deleted the default shared services after configuring a new shared services for our farm as the user profiles were returning errors. I configured usage analysis in both shared services as well as the web application.

    I then applied MOSS 2007 sp1 and sp2 as well as service packs for language pack.

    Usage report reflects search query reports but the site collection reports are not getting upadated.

    I checked the log files and found the logs were not there. I gave wss_wpg full control on the logs folder and now log files 0.0 ARE THERE IN DATEWISE FOLDERS. tHESE LOG FILES ALSO HAVE SOME UNKNOWN CHARACTERS.

    The _layouts/usagedetails.aspx page shows usage details, but the data in the  in the SpUsageWeb.aspx is not getting updated in Site Collection Usage Reports..

    Can somebody help please.

    Regards,

     

    Monday, February 28, 2011 7:13 AM

Answers

  •  

    make sure WSS_ADMIN_WPG and the WSS_WPG have read and write permission on the log folders.

     

    their is a Hoot fix i dont know the level of your MOSS version  but you can check it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968857

     

    hope this help

    thanks

    -ws



    SharePoint administrator, MCTS,MCITP
    • Marked as answer by Peng Lei Tuesday, March 8, 2011 7:29 AM
    Friday, March 4, 2011 3:01 PM