Skype for Business Online - Disabling Dynamic Conference ID - HOW?? RRS feed

• Question

• My company is in the middle of migrating to Office 365.  Mailboxes first, then Skype.

No one is on Skype right now, except myself, and 1 other person.  We've decided that we do not want Dynamic Conference ID's.  I've spent the better part of yesterday, and this morning googling how to turn it off.  All I can find is that it's possible, but with no real direction on how to do it.

I've at least learned that it can only be turned off through powershell.  I came across one webpage saying it was:

set-csmeetingconfiguration -enableassignedconferencetype $true

I did that, confirmed it's set to TRUE, but still cannot assign a static conference ID

Can anyone shed a bit of light?

Thursday, November 9, 2017 5:08 PM

Answers

• After a call with MS support, here is what I've found.  This command will disable Dynamic Conference IDs

set-CsOnlineDialInConferencingTenantSettings -UseUniqueConferenceIds $false

Unfortunately, only techs on the MS side can run it for you.  If you try to run it, you'll get the error message saying you are not permitted to invoke that command with that parameter.

Yea MS, for making shit difficult!

• Marked as answer by Xecros Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:22 PM
    • Edited by Xecros Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:23 PM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:22 PM

All replies

• After a call with MS support, here is what I've found.  This command will disable Dynamic Conference IDs

set-CsOnlineDialInConferencingTenantSettings -UseUniqueConferenceIds $false

Unfortunately, only techs on the MS side can run it for you.  If you try to run it, you'll get the error message saying you are not permitted to invoke that command with that parameter.

Yea MS, for making shit difficult!

• Marked as answer by Xecros Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:22 PM
    • Edited by Xecros Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:23 PM
    Thursday, November 9, 2017 7:22 PM
  • Hi xecros,

Thanks for your sharing, it is very helpful for us.

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 10, 2017 1:40 AM