Issues to upgrade App-V client 4.6 to 4.6SP1 hotfix 5 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to upgrade App-V client from 4.6 to 4.6SP1 hotfix 5 and facing below issue. My package consists of 4.6 sp1 MSI with hofix 5 applied and MST with custom settings in Property table (client configuration settings, cache settings and permissions settings)

1> When I do direct upgrade, the MST is not being used and hence the custom settings are not getting applied. There are alternate solutions for this by running a vbscript post upgrade OR applying settings through GPO. I need to know why MST is getting used.

2> Other method is to uninstall 4.6 from machine, reboot and then install 4.6 SP1 HF5 msi with MST. In this case, all the custom settings included in MST get applied but the application cache gets cleared as we are removing 4.6 initially which is default. I need to know how to retain cache here so that users dont have to load all apps post upgrade.

Shan

Monday, June 4, 2012 12:57 PM

Answers

• You could try upgrading to APP-V 4.6 SP2 which should be a roll up of the Hotfixes.The way the hotfixes work is sequential so you need the first 4 down for the 5th one to apply properly.

What is your MSI log presenting? does it show that it's using the MST and parsing through the tables etc.?

PLEASE MARK ANY ANSWERS TO HELP OTHERS Blog: rorymon.com Twitter: @Rorymon

Monday, June 4, 2012 5:34 PM

All replies