Missing Mails RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Since I have upgraded my Outlook to 15.4 version, some of my incoming mails are missing, i have been pushing microsoft to help and very disappointed no one is able to resolve the issue ? i am using exchange server and subscribing to OFFICE 365

regards

Mike

Friday, December 15, 2017 4:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum firstly! From your description some of the incoming emails were missing, could you please help to verify the following information for further troubleshooting? :

Does this issue affect emails with specific types of attachments or specific domains?

Where is your account? In on-premise or in O365? And if this issue just affects only your own account?

Please check if these missing messages in Outlook are also missing in OWA.

Please have a test with other Outlook version or PC client with your account log on and check if this issue persists.

I don’t know what troubleshooting steps you’ve done with MS, per my experience, it’s recommended to do as below steps firstly:

On client side:

Repair your Office and repair Outlook PST file, check if any forwarding inbox rules, or recreate the Outlook profile or windows profile;

On server side(if the message also missing in OWA, and please note: these steps need server administrator to operate):

Check if any transport rules for this user;

Check the message tracking log to see if the missing messages have been delivered successfully.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Jason.Chao Friday, December 22, 2017 9:56 AM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 2:15 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any updates for this case? Does the replies help you?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 26, 2017 8:12 AM