none
Quickly changing the calendar of a resource pool RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

On a large resource pool, is there a quick way to apply a new working calendar to the entire pool, as opposed to going line-by-line, and Change Working Time > Base Calendar Drop-Down > Select Other Calendar?

Thank you,

Ekin.

Thursday, July 27, 2017 5:37 PM

Answers

• Ekin,

Sure, apply the desired calendar to the first resource and then use fill-down to populate that field for all the other resources.

John

Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Ekin,

i assume you're talking about the fill down feature. After setting the first resource's calendar in the Base Calendar field, keep that field selected and drag your mouse down over as many rows as you want to include. Then do a "Cntl-D". It's similar to a "Cntl-C" for copy and a "Cntl-V" for paste.

Hope this helps.

John

• Edited by John - Project Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:03 PM add missing operation
    • Marked as answer by Maviriver Wednesday, August 2, 2017 3:59 PM
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:47 AM
  • Working in MSP, you will find a need to do a lot of copy/paste and fill down because there are tables and lists and a lot of repetition.

Fill down is used when you want the value in the top cell in the list to be pasted into all of the cells lower in the list. Put the value you want into the top cell. Use shift-down arrow to select to the bottom of the list, the ctrl-D.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:36 AM

All replies

• Ekin,

Sure, apply the desired calendar to the first resource and then use fill-down to populate that field for all the other resources.

John

Thursday, July 27, 2017 7:05 PM
  • Sorry John, I've never used that command before.. Could you please take me through the steps?

Thank you,

Ekin.

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 11:28 PM
  • Ekin,

i assume you're talking about the fill down feature. After setting the first resource's calendar in the Base Calendar field, keep that field selected and drag your mouse down over as many rows as you want to include. Then do a "Cntl-D". It's similar to a "Cntl-C" for copy and a "Cntl-V" for paste.

Hope this helps.

John

• Edited by John - Project Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:03 PM add missing operation
    Wednesday, August 2, 2017 1:47 AM
  • Working in MSP, you will find a need to do a lot of copy/paste and fill down because there are tables and lists and a lot of repetition.

Fill down is used when you want the value in the top cell in the list to be pasted into all of the cells lower in the list. Put the value you want into the top cell. Use shift-down arrow to select to the bottom of the list, the ctrl-D.

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 6:36 AM