none
Outbound Emails are getting delayed.

Question

• Hello Folks,

We have exchange server 2007 SP2 with SCC Cluster. 

Since last week, we are experiencing same issue. I'm getting messages sitting the smarthostconnectordelivery queue with a status of Ready for approximately 5 minutes before sending. In my case, IRONPORT device is smart host. We check with vendor and found that IRONPORT device is working fine. Based on the logs, vendor found that device is not receiving emails on time from exchange as those emails stuck on exchange queue.   

We have two HUB servers, Event logs and sent connector logs are not providing any indication. 

Please let me know what needs to be checked from exchange end. 

Thanks, Chinmay.

Thursday, June 22, 2017 4:39 PM

Answers

• My issue is resolved after restarting IRONPORT device. There was no issue with Exchange. 

Thanks, Chinmay.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 8:15 AM

All replies

• I would send an outbound test message to your personal email. Once you receive it copy the headers > go to www.exrca.com > Message Analyzer tab > paste the header in there > Analyze.

That will tell you where the message is getting hung and for how long...then you can troubleshoot that hop.

My Blog: http://exchangeitup.blogspot.com My Twitter: http://twitter.com/ExchangeITup

Thursday, June 22, 2017 5:59 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for contacting our forum.

Firstly, please check if any error messages stuck in the queues with command below:

Get-queue | fl

Does this issue affect all of the messages or specific messages to external domains?

Please check the event log to see  if any events like 1500X.

Thanks for your effort.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 23, 2017 7:33 AM
  • My issue is resolved after restarting IRONPORT device. There was no issue with Exchange. 

Thanks, Chinmay.

Saturday, June 24, 2017 8:15 AM