Ops Manager SQL server 2008 db engine unable to show in monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• We have a failover cluster with 2 nodes in sql server 2008. There's only 1 instance (the default) on that server. On both nodes I could install the agent with no problems, but in the monitoring we can't see the engine and can monitor the databases on that node. How can I be able to show the instance?
    Friday, April 29, 2011 6:01 PM

Answers

•  

Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

Based on my research, I would like to suggest you try the methods of the following sections in the document “SQL Server Management Pack Guide- Appendix: Known Issues and Troubleshooting”:

“On clustered SQL Server, Management Pack discovery scripts time out for SQL Server Database Engines, SQL Server Analysis Services, and SQL Server Reporting Services”

“Rules and monitors that are based on events from the event log do not work reliably on clustered installations of SQL Server”

In addition, please also check the settings and configurations referring to the management pack guide:

SQL Server Monitoring Management Pack

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=8c0f970e-c653-4c15-9e51-6a6cadfca363

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Nicholas Li

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com.

Nicholas Li - MSFT
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by IvanV2 Monday, May 2, 2011 9:37 AM
    Monday, May 2, 2011 3:43 AM