Vista x64 4GB Memory Install RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hey guys. Who ever need assistance getting Vista Ultimate x64 running with 4GB of memory I can help.
    Just finished all the installs, patches and updates. Its been very hectic few last days but its well worth playing Crysis at 40-60FPS now...lol
    Hit me up
    Friday, December 14, 2007 11:26 PM

All replies

• ok i bought by machine 2 months ago and had 4gb 800hz ram and computer locked up within couple of minutes, called company who said its vista 64, and take a gig out. I did and it runs fine but i want my 4gb in there and working. is this a vista issue or a minor compatablity issue? i have a quad core Intel, 4gb ram, 8500Gt NVidea card, 480sata hard drive, asus PN5-E sli mobo and vista home premium 64bit. I have flashed the bios which is for memory issues but made no difference and downloaded all the vista patches. Do i have to wait for service pack to come out or is this a compatability issue and im being fobbed off by company i bought it from?

Also i did fit all 4gb of ram and in bios changed to 667hz and it ran for an hour and then locked up, maybe power supply issue? Or dreaded vista?

Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:05 AM
  • i have a problem with connectivity, since i increased from 2x1gb ram to 4xgb ram of the same kind. my board supports remapping. the problem occurs on both network controllers: nvidia and marvell.
    amd x2 4800, 2x1gb infineon, 2x 250gb samsung sata2 raid 0 nvraid, asus a8n sli premium nvidia nforce4, plextor dvd-rom, plextor brenner, his ati x800 gto,hauppauge nexus-s,  , bios 1.013.2, c&q, wakü, tai.chi-gehäuse.
    xp professional sp2.+ vista ultimate (64)
    Sunday, December 16, 2007 1:51 PM
  • Hello Shane,

Thanks for your sharing!

We will convert this thread to be comment. That will help you to collect more feedbacks and suggestions from other community members.

Merry Christmas!

Regards,

Lionel Chen

Microsoft Online Community Support

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 2:47 AM