none
Sync .pst files RRS feed

• Question

• I need to Sync .pst files that have minor daily changes between my computer and an external hard drive to be used on my Surface when I travel. I tried using Sync Toy, but it doesn't recognize the subtle changes. What do you recommend? 
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 1:28 AM

Answers

• To sync messages you need to use an IMAP rather than a POP3 account.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Let me see if I understand, you’d like to see the same content on Outlook whenever you use your computer or your Surface. Isn’t it?

If so, I suggest to save your email on server rather than local storage. Outlook enables Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) by default, so you could see the same interface on different devices and your behavior can also sync to server easily.

If your email server space becomes insufficient, you could receive those emails to your local storage expediently.

What’s more, Task schedule to run robocopy command to sync pst files from computer to external hard drive can also be acceptable.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:00 PM

All replies

• To sync messages you need to use an IMAP rather than a POP3 account.
    Tuesday, January 19, 2016 7:21 AM
  • Hi,

Let me see if I understand, you’d like to see the same content on Outlook whenever you use your computer or your Surface. Isn’t it?

If so, I suggest to save your email on server rather than local storage. Outlook enables Internet Mail Access Protocol (IMAP) by default, so you could see the same interface on different devices and your behavior can also sync to server easily.

If your email server space becomes insufficient, you could receive those emails to your local storage expediently.

What’s more, Task schedule to run robocopy command to sync pst files from computer to external hard drive can also be acceptable.

Hope my clarification is clear.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 20, 2016 12:00 PM
  • Thank you!

Friday, February 5, 2016 12:11 PM