Deleted Distribution Group still resolving in mail and returning NDR RRS feed

• Question

• I had a distribution list named "<Comany> Jobs" with the email "jobs@domain.com"... Well, I encountered auto-reply rules with one of the accounts that was in it so I deleted the distribution group and created a mail-enabled public folder named differently, but with the same jobs@domain.com the deleted distribution group had.

For some reason, when I try sending an email to jobs@domain.com, it still resolves to the deleted distribution group. I'm not sure why it's doing this. No one in the company can send an email to this address because it returns a NDR. If I go to the TO and try looking for the deleted distribution group, it's not there, so why does it keep resolving? Anyone outside of the company can send it to jobs@domain.com and it works just fine.

• Edited by altjx Friday, April 8, 2011 3:35 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:26 PM

Answers

• type the name from your Outlook, it will pop up with your old DL, if there are multiple entries, move the up/down curse to highlight the entry and press delete key from your keyboard. Searching for Outlook nickname from web, you will learn how it works.

• Marked as answer by altjx Friday, April 8, 2011 3:52 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:51 PM

All replies

• That's Outlook cache nickname. You may need to clean up the nickname entry for your Outlook.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:30 PM
  • That's Outlook cache nickname. You may need to clean up the nickname entry for your Outlook.
    How do I do that? Isn't Outlook supposed to synchronize with the server every 24 hours?
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:35 PM
  • type the name from your Outlook, it will pop up with your old DL, if there are multiple entries, move the up/down curse to highlight the entry and press delete key from your keyboard. Searching for Outlook nickname from web, you will learn how it works.

• Marked as answer by altjx Friday, April 8, 2011 3:52 PM
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:51 PM

Thanks.
    Friday, April 8, 2011 3:52 PM