locked
Publishing Exchange 2003 Sp2 images not displaying RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All,

            We are publishing exchange 2003 sp2 through UAG and nearly have everything working perfectly after following the article

    http://blogs.technet.com/b/ben/archive/2010/10/26/publish-exchange-2003-with-uag.aspx. However we have now noticed that when viewing owa via internet explorer the following images are not displaying

    /exchweb/img/imp-high.gif

    /exchweb/img/icon-paperclip.gif

    These images are displaying correctly in firefox and chrome.  I've placed the site in debug mode to see if this resolves it but still they won't display correctly. Any suggestions gratefully received.

    Many thanks,

    Peter


    • Edited by SwanseaPete Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:42 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:37 AM

Answers

  • Hi Ophir,

                   Thanks for your advice, unfortunately your good advice didn't solve the issue however I did find something very interesting in the event viewer....

    A request from source IP address ******, user ******* to trunk ********;Secure=1 from application Exch2007 of type ExchangePub2007 failed. The user is not authorized to view or access the application. The URL is /exchweb/img/imp-high.gif. The session ID is 906F3EA3-9FA3-47C7-BD9F-**********.

    We published exchange 2007 on UAG as a test about a week ago (after which we started seeing these errors but I didn't make the connection!!) but only made it available to a few admin users. However in the logs I could see that every user accessing the exchange 2003 server was generating the unauthorized application error shown above for the exchange 2007 server. I've removed the exchange 2007 app from the portal and now everything is working as it should be. I'm not sure why this should happen as we also publish exchange 2010 via the portal and this seems to co-exist with exchange 2003 without any issues.

    Thanks again,

    Peter

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:07 PM

All replies

  • Hi Peter,

    When you see the broken image, can you right-click on it, and choose "properties" and copy the full URL of that image and paste into seperate browser tab?

    When you do that, you may see an error that may help understand better the reason why the image fail.

    I also recommend to disable "Show friendly HTTP error messages" on the advance IE settings when you test it.

    If you share the error you get, we can try help...

     

    Ophir.

    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 10:46 AM
  • Hi Ophir,

                 When looking at the html produced there is a difference in the links which are created for images which display:

    ourdomain/uniquesigb3a5efea452c573c7e16d7492b27155a/uniquesig1/exchweb/img/newemail.gif

    and the images which don't display:

    ourdomain/exchweb/img/imp-high.gif

    Seems they are missing the uniquesig1 part. What is atrange is that the images are located in the same folder on the exchange server.

    Any help greatly received.

    Thanks,

    Peter

     

     

     

     

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 10:52 AM
  • Hi Peter,

    In this case, I recommend to add manual reroute as follow:

     

    1. In the trunk's configuration, go to the "Portal" tab.

    2. Add a rule similar to the following:

    (Replace the "YourInternalCASAddr" with the internal address of your exchange, for example: MyExchange or MyExchange.company.local)

     

    3. Press OK, activate configuration and test again.

     

    Let me know if this works for you.

     

    Ophir.

     

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:00 AM
  • Hi Ophir,

                   Thanks for your advice, unfortunately your good advice didn't solve the issue however I did find something very interesting in the event viewer....

    A request from source IP address ******, user ******* to trunk ********;Secure=1 from application Exch2007 of type ExchangePub2007 failed. The user is not authorized to view or access the application. The URL is /exchweb/img/imp-high.gif. The session ID is 906F3EA3-9FA3-47C7-BD9F-**********.

    We published exchange 2007 on UAG as a test about a week ago (after which we started seeing these errors but I didn't make the connection!!) but only made it available to a few admin users. However in the logs I could see that every user accessing the exchange 2003 server was generating the unauthorized application error shown above for the exchange 2007 server. I've removed the exchange 2007 app from the portal and now everything is working as it should be. I'm not sure why this should happen as we also publish exchange 2010 via the portal and this seems to co-exist with exchange 2003 without any issues.

    Thanks again,

    Peter

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:07 PM
  • Hi Peter,

    This sound like an applicaiton conflict (both servers use the same path and UAG associate the URL with the wrong application).

    This may also be related to the order the applications are in the portal (i.e. the first application that match that directory "win").

    Ophir.

    Thursday, November 17, 2011 1:11 PM