Lync Server 2010 RC : Mediation Server was able to contact the A/V Authentication Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I've got Lync 2010 RC coexisting very well with an OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Pool in a lab.

The Lync client is able to make/receive phone calls through the Lync 2010 Pool through the services of an OCS 2007 R2 Mediation server just fine.

I tried moving the Mediation Server over to the Lync 2010 Front End, and set everything up accordingly, but now whenever calls come in from the PSTN and get directed to Lync, the calls fail with a fast busy, and the following is logged on the Lync 2010 server.

Source: LS Mediation Server
    Event ID: 25089
    Mediation Server was able to contact the A/V Authentication Service. However, there were no valid relay candidates returned to Mediation Server.  Calls may still work, but the Mediation Server will not be able to send calls through the A/V Authentication Service. This event is throttled after 5 consecutive attempts at getting the relay candidates.

Relay Addresses:
    LYNC10RC.TEST.LOCAL
    Cause: The Relay Addresses may no longer be able to be DNS resolved from the Mediation Server machine.  The A/V Authentication Service may not be configured correctly.
    Resolution:
    Verify the Mediation Server machine can resolve the Relay Addresses.  Check if the A/V Authentication Service is configured correctly.

What's odd is that everything is fine DNS wise and that name can indeed be resolved correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks

kswail

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 10:19 PM

All replies

• Two things to check:

Have you added Lync to "Internal servers authorized to connect to this edge server" on your edge? A/V Authentication is done on the edge...

Second, after you changed the ports on the Lync mediation (I would assume you did), was the mediation service restarted?

Drago

http://ocsdude.blogspot.com | MVP Snom OCS Edition
    Friday, October 1, 2010 2:46 AM