Find user delete email RRS feed

• Question

• You cannot vote on your own post

Hi all

My sytem consist AD, edge, mailbox,hub ( install huh transport and client access) on windows 2008 64 bit and exchange 2007 sp1 .

Currently I have problems need help. A email of manager was deleted by administrator but on Edge server I have many accccount admin .So I do not know the user that deleted it. How can I find it ?

Please help me 
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:02 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check, whether you have Exchange Auditing is enabled, in event viewer. You can then find out a corresonding event there

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, April 8, 2011 5:12 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:33 AM
  • Hello Orchid_Small,

Q. My sytem consist AD, edge, mailbox,hub ( install huh transport and client access) on windows 2008 64 bit and exchange 2007 sp1 .

Currently I have problems need help. A email of manager was deleted by administrator but on Edge server I have many accccount admin .So I do not know the user that deleted it. How can I find it ?

Ans. Mailbox Access Auditing feature,was introduced in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) which may help you, but as your server is exchange 2007 sp1 it will not help.

First you have to Update to exchange 2007 sp2, but still i don't thing it will Help to know who delete the Emails becase Mailbox Access Auditing feature will provide you information about e.g. Folder Access Auditing, Message Access, Send AS Auditing, Send On Behalf Auditing.

you can see that these new event log entries have an event ID of 10100, a source of MSExchangeIS Auditing and a category of Mailbox Access Auditing.

EXCHANGE2010, MCSE, MCTS, MCSA MESSAGING, CCNA & GNIIT
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check, whether you have Exchange Auditing is enabled, in event viewer. You can then find out a corresonding event there

Regards from www.windowsadmin.info
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Friday, April 8, 2011 5:12 AM
    Thursday, March 31, 2011 4:33 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the below ways? And do yo have any update? For more information, you can also refer to the article 'Exchange Server 2007 Export Mailbox task': http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2006/11/28/3397373.aspx

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, April 5, 2011 7:45 AM
  • Hello Orchid_Small,

Q. My sytem consist AD, edge, mailbox,hub ( install huh transport and client access) on windows 2008 64 bit and exchange 2007 sp1 .

Ans. Mailbox Access Auditing feature,was introduced in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) which may help you, but as your server is exchange 2007 sp1 it will not help.

First you have to Update to exchange 2007 sp2, but still i don't thing it will Help to know who delete the Emails becase Mailbox Access Auditing feature will provide you information about e.g. Folder Access Auditing, Message Access, Send AS Auditing, Send On Behalf Auditing.

you can see that these new event log entries have an event ID of 10100, a source of MSExchangeIS Auditing and a category of Mailbox Access Auditing.

EXCHANGE2010, MCSE, MCTS, MCSA MESSAGING, CCNA & GNIIT
    Wednesday, April 6, 2011 2:38 AM
  •  

I find solution for my prolem

Thanks all,

Saturday, April 9, 2011 1:47 AM
  • i was also suffering from that problem thanks for the solution

speedmypc
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:15 AM