WIN7 32 Bit Task not being Scheduled with 64 Bit Tasks running RRS feed

• General discussion

• On my WIN7 system (Multi-Processor) the scheduling does not appear to work as it should.

Added Info: The tasks I am referring to are tasks that are currently running, but are not being scheduled for any CPU time. They can be viewed with the Windows Task Manager (CTRL-ALT-DEL).

I am running Visual Basic 6 (VB6) at a CPU Priority of “High” and it gets none or almost no Run Time, while BOINC tasks running at a CPU Priority of “Low”, Run almost all the Time.

The CPU is an INTEL I7-740QM 1.73-2.93GHZ

In addition to VB6, I am running 64 Bit BOINC 6.10.58 on this computer.

Why is the 32 bit job not being scheduled?

The VB6 task, like the BOINC tasks, is CPU intensive and with a High Priority it should be getting at least as much time as each BOINC task gets.

When I run the 32 bit version of BOINC and VB6 on a single processor WINXP system, the VB6 program gets most of the CPU time as I would expect.

The CPU is an INTEL PENTIUM M 2.26

• Edited by TonyXYZ123 Monday, September 13, 2010 12:42 AM
    • Changed type Leo Huang Tuesday, September 21, 2010 5:53 AM
    Friday, September 10, 2010 10:11 PM

All replies

• Troubleshooting Task Scheduler

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721846.aspx

Hope it helps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
    Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:53 PM
  • The Tasks I am referring to are what the Windows' Task Manager refers to as Processes.

It appears to me that the Tasks that you are referring to are what the Windows' Task Manager refers to as Applications.

Monday, September 20, 2010 1:50 AM