My configuration use to work with good speed under VISTA but not with Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I've read this whole forum line by line and have tried almost everything suggested with no difference in the results.  When I was running VISTA on the same client machine and connected to the same win2003 server, my transfer speeds were about 70% of capacity, which were fine with me, however, my speeds are miserable with Windows 7 Ultra 64bit.  My configuration:

Workstation:  Dell Precision 490 with 16GB ECC Ram, 2TB Raid 0 C: Drive and a 1TB standalone F: drive.   2 NICS (1. onboard BroadCom NetXtreme 57xx Gigabit controller used for the outgoing internet 2.  Intel Pro MT Gigabit Controller).  Maintenance wise, I'm caught up with the latest updates.

Server: 2003 Server with 2 GB Ram, 300 MB SCSI C: Drive,  and 1.5 GB Raid 0 F: drive.  1 Dual Channel intel pro MT 1Gb nic and fully caught up mainenance wise. 

Between these 2 machines is a 1Gb GS108T Switch. 

As I said with the same exact configuration it use to fly on VISTA, but dead slow on Win7. 

I see that any transfer (not just over the network) is very slow.  Slow if you go from one directory to another on the same drive.  Slow between 2 drives.

I'm usually tranfering either expanded large application directories or very large single zip files (500MB - 1.5 GB).  All very slow! 

Monday, November 14, 2011 4:46 AM

Answers

• Hi,

If this slow copy issue exists in local drives, I would like to confirm what the result is in Safe Mode.

Have you tried to update the BIOS and chipset driver for test?

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:37 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 2:16 AM