SCCM 2012 R2 + WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• I am getting all these error messages on my ConfigMgr 2012 R2 server & WSUS:

On 8.18.2014 component SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER on computer xyz.TESTENV.INTERNAL reported:  WSUS Control

Manager failed to configur proxy settings on WSUS Server.  SUS.TESTENV.INTERNAL.

Possible cause: WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or above is not installed or cannot be contacted.

Solution: Verify that the WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or greater is installed. Verify that the IIS ports configured in the site are same as those configured on the WSUS IIS website.You can receive failure because proxy is set but proxy name is not specified or proxy server port is invalid.

WSUS server: Server 2012 R2,  WSUS Administration web site, ports 8530, 8531, and proxy option is not configured because do not use proxy server.

WSUS was installed using add features on the server.  It is not on the ConfigMr server.  WSUS version:  6.3.9600.16384.

Updates are downloading, and they download to ConfigMgr but not in WSUS. In WSUS is says 1 updates of 667 Shown, total 667 but do not see them in WSUS.  

I cannot for the life of me figure this out,  I tried everything.

Can someone give me direction.

Thanks

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Updates are downloading, and they download to ConfigMgr but not in WSUS.

That's impossible. Microsoft -> WSUS/SUP -> ConfigMgr.
    What does WCM.log tell?

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Monday, August 18, 2014 7:47 PM
  • I get this message in WCM.log, and I am not using SSL, & I am not using proxy server.  I cannot figure out why it is refusing connection.

System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it [2002:c75f:e614::c75f:e614]:8530~~   at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoConnect(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)~~   at System.Net.ServicePoint.ConnectSocketInternal(Boolean connectFailure, Socket s4, Socket s6, Socket& socket, IPAddress& address, ConnectSocketState state, IAsyncResult asyncResult, Exception& exception)~~   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---~~   at Microsoft.UpdateServices.Administration.AdminProxy.CreateUpdateServer(Object[] args)~~   at Microsoft.SystemsManagementServer.WSUS.WSUSServer.ConnectToWSUSServer(String ServerName, Boolean UseSSL, Int32 PortNumber)

Monday, August 18, 2014 8:04 PM
  • It says 'Successfully connected to server: WSUS.TESTENV.INTERNAL, port 8530, use SSL: False

Monday, August 18, 2014 8:07 PM
  • WSUS was installed using add features on the server.  It is not on the ConfigMr server.  

Did you add the necessary permissions?
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg712696.aspx#BKMK_PlanningForWSUS

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Monday, August 18, 2014 9:35 PM
  • I get this message now.

I have the SUP installed on the SUS server, and the WSUS is a separate server that is not on ConfigMgr.

Also I do not have a proxy server or use proxy.  So why would I configure it.

On 8/19/2014 10:28:42 AM, component SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER on computer WSUS.TESTENV.INTERNAL reported:  WSUS Control Manager failed to configure proxy settings on WSUS Server "WSUS.TESTENV.INTERNAL".

Possible cause: WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or above is not installed or cannot be contacted.

Solution: Verify that the WSUS Server version 3.0 SP2 or greater is installed. Verify that the IIS ports configured in the site are same as those configured on the WSUS IIS website.You can receive failure because proxy is set but proxy name is not specified or proxy server port is invalid.

Any suggestions

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:33 PM
  • I get this error message on my WSUS server.

It is a separate server from ConfigMg

Updates download and it shows in COnfigMgr, but it does not show up in WSUS server, but it says 667 total.

Also I do not use a proxy server so the settings are not configured.

Can anyone help me on this message:

On 8/19/2014 10:28:42 AM, component SMS_WSUS_CONTROL_MANAGER on computer WSUS.TEST.INTERNAL reported:  WSUS Control Manager failed to configure proxy settings on WSUS Server "WSUS.test.INTERNAL".

• Merged by Joyce L Wednesday, August 20, 2014 8:19 AM duplicate
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:40 PM
  • Why creating another thread? You already posted the issue here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fb4cf2ea-f5ab-4df5-8f9a-c4ee3b8f0cf8/sccm-2012-r2-wsus?forum=configmanagergeneral

Please avoid double postings in the future. Thanks.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

• Proposed as answer by Garth JonesMVP Monday, March 23, 2015 1:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:53 PM
    Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:52 PM