none
802.1x, NAP and mandatory roaming profile RRS feed

• Question

• hi

Roaming mandatory profile doesn't work with win2008 NAP  using 802.1x, is any solution for this problem?

thanks,
    Aurimas
    Monday, January 12, 2009 9:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Aurimas,

Several people have reported this. I do not know of a solution, but I will try to run some tests and obtain help to resolve the issue. If I find out anything, I will post the information here.

Greg
    Monday, January 19, 2009 8:21 PM
    Owner
  • Hi, Greg,

is any news on roaming mandatory profile? thanks

Aurimas

Wednesday, February 4, 2009 2:57 PM
  • Hi Aurimas,

Sorry I don't have any new information yet - I've been consumed by several things lately. I'll make an effort to run tests in the next couple weeks. Thanks for your patience.

-Greg
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 5:38 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I haven't forgotten about this issue. I'm still trying to get time to investigate and hope to have some data soon. Also please let me know if you have found out anything new.

-Greg
    Friday, February 20, 2009 5:49 AM
    Owner
  • Hi,

no, no solution yet,

Aurimas
    Thursday, February 26, 2009 12:50 PM
  • Hi,

I apologize for the wait. I just haven't had time to configure this and run tests. I haven't forgotten the issue, however. If anyone can test and troubleshoot this, please post your results here.

Thanks,
    -Greg
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:48 PM
    Owner
  • Hi

This problem may be similar to the one I am experiencing.  We have just gone live with a 500 seat dot1x office using Windows XP SP3 and are coming up against the occasional user profile that makes dot1x user authentication fail in a very odd way. 

When the user logs on the machine remains connected under the computer credentials for about 4 minutes (You can see form the logs that it doesn't attempt user authentication straight away) the user can begin to access the network but then you see user authentication fail against the user in the logs and the user losses their connection.  If you then remove the server and local copies of the profile and log the user on again with a blank profile user authentication happens successfully as soon as they logon.

Any ideas greatly appreciated?

Thanks James

Monday, May 11, 2009 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

I haven't been able to run tests on this scenario I'm afraid. If anyone has new information, please assist.

Thanks,
    -Greg
    Wednesday, June 24, 2009 9:09 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I haven't been able to test this fix, but in discussing a different problem in another thread I see there is a hotfix available for mandatory profile with 802.1X.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969111

Please let me know if this helps.

-Greg
    Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:14 PM
    Owner