How to sequence MYOB Account Right Plus v19.5 with App-V 4.6? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I've successfuly sequenced different versions of MYOB Account Right before.  Unfortunately AccountRight has folders in the application directory (Q:\MYOB\forms, letters, custom, templates etc) which contains very specific customised data).  I've overcome this gotcha by adding a script to my OSD file which at launch copies any customised data from a shared windows directory into the VFS/Q application data - basically replacing them.  At log off any changes are copied back to the share via the script in the OSD.

All worked fine for a single user/customer, except my environment has evolved to a shared one, thus multiple customers launch the virtual MYOB application on a Windows 2003 R2 x64/XenApp 5 and as a result they open their own MYOB company data file and want to see their OWN customised forms, letters, etc (they MUST never see anyone else's files in there).

Herein lies my problem.  Now that multiple users with different needs need to see only their customised files...can anyone assist me with "generalising" these folders as I'm not sure how hard coded these folders are? 

I've hti a major roadblock, please help!

Thursday, December 9, 2010 12:45 AM

Answers

• Instead of sequencing to the Q drive, what about trying a VFS install to C:\Program Files and exclude those folders from the package. You could then create them on the real file system or use junction points or symbolic links to another location.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:04 PM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Can't you redirect the copy-job to a user-unique place, such as the profile, home-directory or a terminal-server home directory?
    /Znack
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 4:54 AM
  • hi znack, although I can certainly copy folders via script it elsewhere like into a profile, the issue would be that MYOBAccountRight looks at only its own Sub-Folder structure for the forms, letters and custom folders.  I tried manually moving it out of the bubble to a share somewhere and create a shortcut (symbolic link) referenceing the remote path of the folder.  But in the program, when you customise or setup your own form or letter, it recreates it in the bubble with the same folder

The copy script can copy custom data into the below hardcoded folder structure only

Q:\myob19\forms or \letters.

But multiple users from different companies need to copy their files into the same VFS directory, and they should not see each other's files.

I tried resequencing the package and changed the settings from SYSTEM to USER Specific, but it made no difference.

I guess this is very similar to what one would excpect to happen in a multi user environment using Office Word or Excel - where a templates directory exist.  If you virtualise office you would not want to capture template info which is specific to each user.  However, MYOB does not use profile or %appdata% or romaing folders to store their folders in.

Can I create my own parse points to point Q:\myob19\letters to be substituted with something like %userprofile%\roaming\appdata\letters so when the app references its local letters folder it is in fact referring to the redirected folder outside of the bubble?

Thursday, December 9, 2010 5:22 AM
  • Instead of sequencing to the Q drive, what about trying a VFS install to C:\Program Files and exclude those folders from the package. You could then create them on the real file system or use junction points or symbolic links to another location.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Sunday, February 13, 2011 7:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Thursday, March 1, 2012 9:04 PM
    Thursday, December 9, 2010 9:48 AM