Unable to see "Windows Aero" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed Windows Vista RC2 and when I tried to go "Windows Aero", I didn't find the same in the drop-down. I have changed the regedit fixes and still I am unable to see the Window Aero.

Can you please tell me is there any workaround for the same.

Regards,

Satish N

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 1:11 PM

Answers

• Your graphics card is probabley incompatible it is unsupported to enable it forcefully.
    Monday, November 6, 2006 7:46 PM

All replies

• Your graphics card is probabley incompatible it is unsupported to enable it forcefully.
    Monday, November 6, 2006 7:46 PM
  • Hi,

I am also having the problem. Do I need to add AGP card or increasing RAM is enough? Please suggest.

My system config is : MSI K8MM-V,  AMD Athlon 64 3.0 GHz, 512 MB RAM.

Presently, the display adapter is showing as VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

!! Kiran Kumar !!

Tuesday, November 7, 2006 7:27 AM
  • There's a couple things that could be disabling the option. First of all, there's hardware requirements.

A Windows Aero-capable graphics card is a graphics card that meets the following requirements:

Supports a Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) driver
    Has a DirectX 9-class graphics processor unit (GPU) that supports Pixel Shader 2.0
    Supports 32 bits per pixel
    Passes the Windows Aero acceptance test in the Windows Driver Kit (WDK)

Now. You can get passed the WDDM.. you can do software rendering.. etc. However, the pixel shader is needed for sure I believe.

Also

This issue may occur if any one of the following conditions is true:

The copy of Windows Vista is not a validated genuine copy.
    The video card does not support the Windows Vista Aero theme.
    The video card supports the Windows Vista Aero theme. However, the video card is configured incorrectly. For example, the video card may be configured to use only 32 megabytes (MB) of VRAM.
    There are no Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM) drivers available for the video card. If the computer has more than one video card, this issue may occur if only one of the video cards does not have WDDM drivers.
    The computer has more than one video card. However, the video cards are not from the same manufacturer.

The version of Windows Vista that you are using does not support the Windows Vista Aero theme.

Hope that helps some...

Thursday, January 25, 2007 9:19 PM