windows 7 and other programs not responding RRS feed

• Question

• In the past six weeks or so I have experienced many problems with programs freezing with a Not Responding message. If I try to end the program by clicking X it just fades and the only way to continue seems to be to press ctrl alt delete for the Task Manager to close that program and start again. I use CCleaner, Super Ant Spyware and have just changed from Avast to AVG but the problem continues. I would be very grateful for any (simple and easy to understand) suggestions
    Monday, September 19, 2011 5:41 PM

Answers

• Hi jscpch,

Firstly, please click Start, input cmd in the search box, then press Enter to open the command prompt windows. Input the command: sfc /scannow and press ENTER to check the system file.

When the progress finished, check if the issue persists.

Also test the problem in Clean Boot.

Meanwhile, please update the BIOS and graphic card driver to the latest one.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Monday, September 26, 2011 9:23 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 8:19 AM