none
Where to download the latest DPM Tape Library Compatibility Tool RRS feed

• Question

• The link on page https://technet.microsoft.com/library/jj733581.aspx to download DPM tape library compatibility tool takes you to a DPM presentation.  Where can i download the latest tool and will it support Window 2016.   

Thanks

Friday, February 24, 2017 5:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I don't thing you scrolled down the page to see the download button.

Click below, then scroll down.

DPM Tape Library Compatibility Test Tool

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 24, 2017 10:28 PM
  • Hi,

Mike, the link you gave is not a utility. When downloading file dpm-final.zip - There is only marketing materials!!! I think it's a mistake, please escalate the issue and replace the link.
    Thursday, March 2, 2017 6:34 PM
  • Hi,

Ah - I see - yes, that is definitely not correct - I will get that corrected.  Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, March 2, 2017 9:51 PM
  • Hi Mike,

Thanks your help, but i need this tool ASAP for my project. Can you provide me a link for download, maybe using OneDrive?

Thanks in advance

Friday, March 3, 2017 10:43 AM
  • Hi,

You should be able to download it from this location:

DPMTapeLibraryCompatibilityCheckerTool-Beta.zip

Saturday, March 4, 2017 12:15 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for link. Is it the last version? I am confused with suffix "Beta" )

Saturday, March 4, 2017 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

There is a new version (The one posted that was wrong) but that is only required if testing a library that requires the RSMCompatMode registry key like IBM 35XX, TS 2900 and some Dell DELLTL2000/4000 libraries.  If your library does not require that registry setting then this version of the tool should work fine.

• Proposed as answer by lock2007 Thursday, April 13, 2017 7:51 AM
    Monday, March 6, 2017 7:35 PM