Problem playing Powerpoint embedded video in Skype for Business Meeting RRS feed

• Question

• I've embedded a .wmv video into a blank slide of PowerPoint.

I begin a Skype for Business meeting.  I click on the 'share screen' icon and choose 'Present PowerPoint Files.."

The video uploads and the single slide appears with the black video square.  But the video controls NEVER appear (and believe me - I've waited for it).  Nothing I can do will play the video.

I've tried this several ways - embedded the video in larger deck.  All slides and animations play just fine in the meeting right up to the video - it just sits there and never plays.

I've created a single slide ppt with just the video - same thing - it never plays.

I'm stumped.....

• Moved by Steve Fan Monday, July 25, 2016 3:14 AM
    Saturday, July 23, 2016 1:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is for general questions and feedback related to Microsoft Office. Since your question is more related to Skype for Business, I'll move your thread to the Skype for Business forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/home?forum=sfbfr

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, July 25, 2016 3:14 AM
  • Which PowerPoint version did you use in Macbook pro and your client's PC? Let's do some tests to narrow the issue:

Create a new Powerpoint file in the client's PC and insert the two videos. If it works fine, please try to re-create a slide in the original presentation.(Click Insert tab>Video>Video on my PC)

Note: Make sure you need to put the presentation and Video in the same folder, if you copy it to other place, the presentation and Video must be copied together and putted in the same folder.

If it still did not work, please try to use WMV formats to test and try to repair the Office.

Please go through this support link : https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2873189

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:22 PM
  • I've never attempted it myself, but I trust you've seen Landis' article for tips? 

http://windowspbx.blogspot.com/2014/06/lync-user-quicktip-31-playing-video.html

Please remember, if you see a post that helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" and if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer". SWC Unified Communications This forum post is based upon my personal experience and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Proposed as answer by Liinus Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:45 AM
    Monday, July 25, 2016 8:03 PM
  • Hi Gary, 

What is the size of the Video that you are trying to embed. Earlier in this forum , there was such issues reported which i remember  was for different formats. Could  you also follow the blog from Matt landis which Anthony suggested and see if that helps/

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 11:45 AM