none
Block Certain Setting from SystemSettings.exe

Question

• So I found that there is one GPO "Prohibit access to Control Panel and PC settings"

This blocks everything, even control.exe

But I just want to block certain things. for the classic control panel I can do this via the "Show only specified Control Panel Items" GPO setting.

Nothing to be found for the PC settings (=systemsettings.exe)

How can I achieve this?

For use on a Windows 2016 Remote Desktop Session Host

Tuesday, November 08, 2016 3:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    As far as I know, it seems that there is no built-in template policy to do that, it might depends on what settings you want to block and see if there is related registry entries to control them, then we could use group policy to configure the registry.
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, November 09, 2016 5:53 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, November 14, 2016 9:21 AM
  • I want to block nearly everything!

Only allow settings like changing the background picture or change the mouse cursor size.

Why would a RDSH user need to be able to check the servers network settings?

With a default configuration a user can even restart the server via the windows update settings

• Edited by DTBRBE Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:33 PM
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 3:11 PM
  • Hi,

In my experience, it might be hard to make this be done. And as far as I know, the files for SystemSettings.exe are under c: \ windows \ immersiveControlPanel, maybe we could have a try to set security of this folder in the properties.

Best regards,

Wendy

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 1:26 AM