none
SQL Server Report Format Rendering HTML4.0 not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, When I create a SQL Server report on PP Dashboard Designer, I get a
    "Reporting Services Error"
     An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help
    • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors

The report (or data) does show however if I change the format to Image or XML, etc.

Any ideas on why the format HTML4.0 does not want to show my report?

Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please install Report Viewer on the machine where Dashboard Designer is launched.   It is prerequisite for connecting the Dashboard Designer to Reporting Services.   The details are listed in this link http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb838753.aspx

Thank you,
    Sundar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:42 PM
  • Hi,
    I do have Report Viewer insatlled (local and server side just in case) File version 9.0.30729.1 (2008 version)
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:47 PM
  • Hi,

Whether the Reports render correctly outside PPS?  If so, make sure PPSMonitoringWebService Application Pool have necessary permission to access the SSRS report.   Please clarify whether SSRS 2008 or SSRS 2005 and what level of PPS Service pack you are on.   Whether the issue happens with Report with parameters or any reports?

Whether SSRS configured in Native or Integrated Mode?

Thank you,
    Sundar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:53 PM
  • Hi,
    Yep the reports can be seen ok when viewing outside of PPS. 
    It is SSRS 2005
    PPS 2007 SP2
    The App pool (Identity is configured for a user) is the only area that I cannot confirm for the permission (though the Identity/user does).  Is there a quick way to check that out / set the permission?
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 1:58 PM
  • Though as I can see the report when rendered as say as an Image does that not suggest that the Pool can see the report?
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:02 PM
  • Oh and is Integrated Server mode
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:21 PM
  • MHTML works after I click on open when the pop up box appears so def must have permission
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:30 PM
  • I have managed to find out what caused the problem :
    http://blogs.msdn.com/solutions/archive/2007/10/29/installing-sql-reporting-services-and-moss-2007-on-the-same-port-default-80.aspx

Just by adding the <remove key="ReportViewerMessages" /> solved the problem
    • Proposed as answer by Dan English Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:11 AM
    • Marked as answer by Ash_B Wednesday, July 29, 2009 11:56 AM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 3:19 PM