none
Renaming a Remote Desktop (predefined) does not apply on the portal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I think I may have found a problem with Forefront UAG 2010. But I am not 100% sure if everybody has the same problem.

In Forefront UAG 2010 you can publish a Remote Desktop (predifined) connection. This all works fine. But when you rename the Remote Desktop (predefined) connection the rename does not apply on the portal. Even when you reboot the server it does not apply. I know you have to rename it at two locations. I have re-installed my total environment once, same problem. I am able to re-produce this problem. With other words, I cannot rename my published Remote Desktop (predefined) connections.

In Forefront UAG 2010 you can duplicate a Remote Desktop (predefined) connection. When you rename or delete it the source you duplicated does not work anymore. You have to re-create the source. I was not able to re-produce this after I re-installed the total environment.

Anybody having the same problem? I hope you can try this on your UAG environment. Please confirm if you have the same issue.

Boudewijn

Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• Wednesday, August 4, 2010 12:56 PM
  • Hi Boudewijn,

I have the same issue with renaming RDP connections - basically you cannot do this. Just delete the connection and re-create it. Hopefully this will get fixed in the future.

On the topic of RDP, I find that all existing RDP sessions get dropped if I activate a new UAG configuration - anyhone know of a workaround for this? - it makes it difficult to update the portal during the daytime.

Regards, Peter

Thursday, August 5, 2010 9:42 AM
  • On the topic of RDP, I find that all existing RDP sessions get dropped if I activate a new UAG configuration - anyhone know of a workaround for this? - it makes it difficult to update the portal during the daytime.

Regards, Peter

For your infromation. I don't have that issue. I can save and activate the configuration without any interuption.
    Boudewijn Plomp, BPMi Infrastructure & Security
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 11:49 AM