people picker control vs microsoft edge RRS feed

• Question

• I just upgrade my client PC from Windows7 to Windows10, and I found when I tried to modify the item on a SharePoint website, the people picker control will not show the user name as usual, but to show the user id (plus the domain). I tried to switch to internet explorer and it works with no such issue.

Can anyone help to check if there were any configuration to correct this? or it was just a bug in edge and we need use IE instead of Edge.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 2:16 AM

All replies

• As for as I know I have never seen this issue with Edge. and I do not see any issue with your user profile as you are getting the "User name" correctly.  Clear the cache and try upgrading the edge  and see if that fixes.

Hope this helps!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please don't forget to “mark the replies as answers” if they helped, also set "like" it’s a boost for us to keep blogging J

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated Community forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Kaizala.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 10:51 PM