none
Direct access node addition. RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I have a simple question.

We do have Win 2012 r2 based multi-site DA deployment.

One of our remote office, which also got NLS (for inside network ping) configured.

Can I install DA node in this office or do I have to do anything with this NLS server first (remove etc)?

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, June 21, 2017 11:17 AM

Answers

• You can definitely install a DA node in that office. It is very common to have both a DirectAccess server as well as an NLS server in the same network. The DA server doesn't actually care whether or not it can see the NLS server (though if it cannot then you will get a warning in the Operations Status screen) - the NLS site is only important for the client computers to see when they are inside the office.
    • Marked as answer by Beadmin Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:19 AM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 2:48 PM

All replies

• You can definitely install a DA node in that office. It is very common to have both a DirectAccess server as well as an NLS server in the same network. The DA server doesn't actually care whether or not it can see the NLS server (though if it cannot then you will get a warning in the Operations Status screen) - the NLS site is only important for the client computers to see when they are inside the office.
    • Marked as answer by Beadmin Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:19 AM
    Monday, June 26, 2017 2:48 PM
  • Thanks, I ll proceed with intsall.
    Wednesday, July 5, 2017 8:19 AM