none
A Hardware Management error 2927 after DPM installed on host RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Good Day!!

I have different situation to get  A Hardware Management error 2927” , I have 2 host servers Host1 and Host2 ; both are with same configuration and are managed by SCVMM server. I am able to deploy the VM’s through SCVMM on these HOST servers. I recently installed DPM 2010 application ( for VM backups) on HOST1 server and added recommended Real scan exclusions in antivirus Real scan.

Note: I have just installed the DPM 2010 app not yet configured anything on it.

Here I am facing Hardware Management error while deploying VM’s on HOST1 server at 49%  after DPM installation,  It was taking long time to give this error at 49%, but I have noticed that when I disabled the Antivirus application on HOST1 server VM deployment will be success. I have tried with deferent exclusion lists of DPM AND SQL server paths as well but no luck for me.

I am looking for better solution for this and I hope I will get  it, please help me to solve this issue.

Hyper v Exclusion for Real time scan;

c:\Windows\System32\vmms.exe

c:\Windows\System32\vmwp.exe

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V

C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2\bin\vmmAgent.exe

.vhd

.vsv

.xml

DPM Exclusions for real time Scan:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\XSD

C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\csc.exe

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\csc.exe

c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\DPMAMService.exe

c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\dpmac.exe

c:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\DPM\bin\DpmWriter.exe

Msdpm.exe

DPMRA.exe

SQL Exclusions for Real scan:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\SQL\MSSQL10.MSDPM2010\MSSQL\Binn

C:\Program Files\Microsoft DPM\SQL\MSRS10.MSDPM2010

sqlservr.exe

sqlwriter.exe

.mdf

.ldf

Working virtualization technologies  .(Hyper-v , VMware  & Xen server) . currently

I have been advised by  Hyper-V Forum Support team "Vincent Hu" to contact DPM forum to get help for my issue.. please help me on this.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Ratnakar
    Friday, December 3, 2010 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Rat,

From my experiance we always recommend to use a didecated server for DPM Role, i can see from your post that you installed the DPM Server on the Physical Host that run the Virtualization Hypervisor (Hyper-V) my recomendition if you have a limited resources to use one of the Virtual Machines to act as a DPM server but also if you need high level of protection and Business continuity its not the preferaed scenario but it will work with you.

Regards

Friday, December 3, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Hi Melgendi,

Thank you  for your response and advise, I am using this machine for testing  to resolve above DPM issue while deploying VM's.. We are using separate machine in live environment and there also same error we have observed and made this test lab to resolve this issue..

We are getting this error only after DPM installation.. so I hope you may experienced this type of issue, please guide me how this has to be resolved.

Regards,

Ratnakar

Ratnakar
    Monday, December 6, 2010 9:43 AM