locked
Call unsuccesful, user could not be reached RRS feed

  • Question

  • Our lync server is up and running. Users are able to log into the client and phone (polycom cx700). They can send IM's and view user availability like normal. Problem is that whenever we try to make a voice call to another user, either on the phone or through the client software we get an error, "Call unsuccessful. [User] could not be reached. I have made sure that the users are set up for enterprise voice with extension numbers, and there is a dialplan for internal voice routing that resolves correctly. I had successfully set this up before on another server before it died following the same guide I used this time. The server hardware is also the same model.

    Friday, April 29, 2011 8:35 PM

Answers

  • I actually ended up doing a full uninstall and reinstall of Lync. It's working now with the same configuration settings so it must have been that something was corrupt from the previous installation. Thanks for the help anyhow.
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, May 9, 2011 1:16 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 12:58 PM

All replies

  • How do you test - by entering extension numbers or by clicking on "Lync-call" in your contact list?
    Johann Deutinger | MCITP Lync 2010 | MCTS Exchange 2010, OCS | ucblog.deutinger.de | http://twitter.com/jwdberlin
    Saturday, April 30, 2011 12:59 PM
  • I have tested it both ways. Either choosing the contact from a list or dialing their actual extension has the same result.
    Sunday, May 1, 2011 7:33 PM
  • Hi,

    Would you please check if this article posted by Ken apply to your problem?

    http://ucken.blogspot.com/2011/03/internal-extension-dialing-in-lync.html

    Regards,

    Sharon


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, May 6, 2011 3:33 AM
  • I actually ended up doing a full uninstall and reinstall of Lync. It's working now with the same configuration settings so it must have been that something was corrupt from the previous installation. Thanks for the help anyhow.
    • Marked as answer by Sharon.Shen Monday, May 9, 2011 1:16 AM
    Friday, May 6, 2011 12:58 PM
  • Hi,Zach

    I am glad to hear you have fixed it.

    Thanks for sharing your experience.

    Regards,

    Sharon


    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, May 9, 2011 1:16 AM