Outlook 2013 not updating folders RRS feed

• Question

• I've recently set up a new Windows server 2016 RDS enviroment, and I've started some user testing. One user has a problem in Outlook where folders will not update. If a new mail comes in he has to switch to a different folder and then back before it's visible. This is also the case if he deletes, moves, or marks an email. He has to switch to a different folder and back before it's visible.

I've tried setting up a new Outlook profile for him, tried setting up a new Windows user profile (by deleting his user profile disk), and I've tried switching cached exchange on and back off. The problem dissapeared for a day when I started Outlook in safe mode, and then back to normal mode. But now, after logging off and on to the terminal server, the problem is back.

I have another test user in the same enviroment, and she is not experiencing any problems. Both users have used Outlook 2013 on Windows 2008R2 for a long time, with the same Exchange accounts, without ever facing this problem.

Any tips for me?

• Moved by Perry-Pan Wednesday, March 27, 2019 2:10 AM
    Friday, March 22, 2019 8:47 AM

All replies

• Turned out to be the Teamviewer meeting add-in. When I disabled it the problem disappeared.
    Friday, March 22, 2019 9:57 AM
  • Hi Haraldhobbit,

I'm glad to see you have fixed your problem and thanks for your sharing.

Usually when you encounter a problem and the problem does not appear in safe mode, then the issue is likely with one of your add-ins. You'll need to disable all add-ins after restarting Outlook in normal mode, and then enable them one by one to figure out the problematic one. So if you encounter similar problems next time, you can try this method.

By the way, do you mind helping mark the post as answer so that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, March 25, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi Haraldhobbit,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    And if you need further assistance on this, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, March 28, 2019 1:32 AM