none
An error occurred while processing the log for database...If possible, restore from backup. RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Visual Studio Web developer 2005 Express Edition running on XP

The situation I have is:

I have a copied database and log from a client which I have put onto my local development box.  Using Visual Studio Web I connected to the database and made changes to the structure of certain tables. I tested the app locally and all worked ok.

Shutting down Visual Studio, I then copied the entire site to a folder called C:\Compiler, and then went to compile the site using aspnet_compiler.  At this point it returned the following error message.

An error occurred while processing the log for database C:\COMPILER\........ If possible, restore from backup. If backup is not available, it might be necessary to rebuild log.  Could not open new database C:\COMPILER\....  Create Database is aborted.    An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file C:\COMPILER...failed. A database with the same name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it located on UNC share.

After this I could not connect to the database using Visual Studio as I could before. So I ran SSEUtil listed all references to the database and detached them. This did not work. I've also removed the folder SQLExpress from within the user profile - to no effect.

Finally I deleted the both database and log and copied back in the original unmodified database and log yet the problem remains. To me it seems like somewhere in the system a reference has been made to the database.

I have read through all the forums and am at a loss as to what to do???

Tuesday, June 19, 2007 12:34 AM