Outlook Web App missing emails of the .ost on PC RRS feed

• Question

• First I'd like to apologize for my bad English.

I believe that in this forum I will find help.

The problem is occurring in some Outlook 2013 H & B profiles.

Some folders, for example "sent items", have some sync problem.

I do not know what happens, but I have identified that in webmail there is missing content. For example: in outlook profile .OST everything is ok, but in webmail there is no content between the dates 2018/07/26 until 2017/07/26.

The problem begins when a user needs to switch computers. When a new profile is created, obviously the IMAP content that is on the server will be synchronized and there will be no emails from the date mentioned above.

I already talked to my email provider. They said that the Microsoft Exchange server had no problem.

To troubleshoot one of the accounts I created a new IMAP folder and uploaded the content that was missing from the server. This took a long time.

Please, does anyone know this problem? I'm afraid this problem is happening and several Outook accounts with .OST

• Edited by gigadrop Monday, August 13, 2018 7:23 PM
    Monday, August 13, 2018 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Does it only happen to one specific account?

If we update Sent Item folder manually via Folder > Update Folder, will it work?

Do you have any anti-virus software running on this computer? Please try closing them temporarily and then update folder to see the results.

A normal way is to move messages between the dates 2018/07/26 until 2017/07/26 to a new folder and let them to sync to the server again.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Hi, 

1 - The same problem happen with more than one acount. In to now I found three account.

2 - Yes, I have a antivirus software running, but I do not think antivirus is causing this problem.

3 - I've already copied the messages that were missing to a new folder. To make this successful, I created a new folder and copied the emails slowly. I chose to copy and not move, because moving the emails would be risky.

When I was finishing the copy I saw that only one email of the day 2017/07/26 was not synchronized. To make sure I created another new IMAP folder and I tried to move only that email to this folder. To my surprise, the content was not synchronized with the IMAP server. The content of this email is text and attachments .PDF

4 - I did not try forcing the update via Folder> Update Folder. I think it will not work because whenever Outlook is open and I browse the folders and I see the sync bar working.

I'll test, but I do not think it will work.

##

I assume some content or header contained in emails causes the loss of synchronization between Outlook and Exchange Server.

I do not know what it is, but I saw this happening when I tried to copy one of the e-mails from 2017/07/26 and only that content was not synchronized.

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 12:20 PM
  • Hi,

What's your account type? Exchange or IMAP?

It is recommended to back up your mailbox first. Please refer to the steps in this link.

After backup all the messages, please create a new profile and then re-import the PST file to your desired location to see if they sync normally.

Besides, we can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see the results. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, August 17, 2018 7:01 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by gigadrop Tuesday, August 21, 2018 1:27 PM
    Wednesday, August 15, 2018 8:22 AM
  • Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Friday, August 17, 2018 7:01 AM