PLEASE HELP - vista local users and groups + firefox issue RRS feed

• Question

• OK, here's the deal.  This computer is running Vista Home Premium. For a web browser it uses Firefox.  Now Firefox was getting a chrome regististration error and it said to solve this issue, run Firefox from an admin account at least once.  This is the only account on this computer, and it is listed as administrator.  I found a few help threads telling me how to create a new account via the net localgroup command, but I dont need to create a new account, I just need to enable the TRUE admin account on this machine so I can get rid of that stupid error. I found one help thread that told me how to enable it but it was talking about sysprep and im not about to reimage the machine for just this little problem.  Can anyone help with this? It's not that big of deal but inorder to open the web broswer i gotta close that stupid error 3 times before I can start doing anything, needless to say its very annoying.  Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:14 PM

Answers

• Right-click the program icon or file that you want to open, and then click Run as administrator.

Select the administrator account that you want to use, and then type the password.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 9:49 PM