none
Shares and Win7SP1 baselines RRS feed

• Question

• Is there anything in the win7SP1 baselines that can be used to identify share permissions.

I used an AccessEnum/ShareEnum tool from SysInternals over our domain (2003 servers, 2008 servers, XP clients) and to my suprise there was many shares (shared to either Everyone or domain users group) with read access on clients. Often they had shares with personal data like PST archives that anyone could pick up if they could do basic mapping.

Any ideas/strategies in the default Win7SP1 baselines that could be used to prevent or identify devices with non default shares/share permissions. I.e. if a share on a Win7 device is open to the everyone group, that is a control issue and should be classed by SCCM as a non compliant machine. I cant see any parameter in the default baselines that could be used to do this.

So new shares or amendments to ACL's on default shares would be useful. Not even sure if you can share a default Win7 share to the everyone group, so maybe its just new shares.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:44 AM

Answers