none
Messages coming up that antivirus is turned off RRS feed

• Question

• OUr family uses Trend Micro protection, but my computer also comes with windows defender and such. Every time I turn on my computer, I get a series of alerts, starting with "antivirus protection is turned off. Tap or click to turn it on." After that 2-3 more messages appear stating that windows defender and Spyware and unwatnted software protection are turned off. Obviously, I go in to turn them on, but about 10 seconds after doing so, they are turned off again. I've never noticed any sign of a virus, but I'm worried it could be something tracking my computer or stealing information. Additionally, whenever trend micro does "monthly reviews," it says that my computer is safe. Is my computer just glitching, or do I have an undetected virus?
    Friday, August 19, 2016 3:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Zorja,

As far as I know, there is only one antivirus software running at a time on a system. Considering you are using a third party antivirus software, there is a possibility the third party antivirus software has been corrupted. We could try to repair or reinstall it to have a test. Please ensure you have got the latest version.

Anyway, that notification could be controlled here:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Change Security and Maintenance settings

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 22, 2016 7:45 AM

All replies

• Does Trend show up in the Security & Maintenance? That should be registering with Windows to show it is protecting. Log this with Trend for advice on that.

Does Security & Maintenance have an option to turn off that monitoring as you have other protection that is monitored.

Friday, August 19, 2016 9:42 PM
  • Hi Zorja,

As far as I know, there is only one antivirus software running at a time on a system. Considering you are using a third party antivirus software, there is a possibility the third party antivirus software has been corrupted. We could try to repair or reinstall it to have a test. Please ensure you have got the latest version.

Anyway, that notification could be controlled here:
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance\Change Security and Maintenance settings

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, August 22, 2016 7:45 AM
  • Hi,

How about the issue, is there anything to update?

Best regards

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 7:40 AM