none
How can I acces these informations? ( Minimum start time, Maximum finish time, Time reserve) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I need your help please!

I need to generate a table, related to my Gantt Chart from Microsoft Project which needs to contains the following columns:

Activity

Resources

Predecessors

Duration

Minimum start time

Maximum finish time

Time reserve

The problem is that I don't know from where I need to extract the information related to the last 3 columns from Microsoft Project. I suspect there are specific columns in Microsoft Project related to the last columns from my table.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Take in consideration that I translated those 3 columns from my native language. Probably in English, they sound differently.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 4:53 AM

Answers

• In a critical path network, every task has an early start, early finish, late start, late finish.

By default, the Gantt chart and entry table show the early start and early finish.

See the schedule table. They are all there.

I am not sure if this is the same as your "time reserve" but the total slack is the difference between the early and late dates.

Any help?

• Proposed as answer by John - Project Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by PeterHello1 Monday, November 25, 2019 3:12 PM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:06 AM
  • PeterHello1,

I think Trevor explained what data Project already has but perhaps a screenshot might help your understanding.

The Early Start, Late Start, Early Finish, and Late Finish fields are not explicitly shown in the default Gantt Chart view table (Entry) but they are shown if you apply the Schedule view table to the Gantt Chart view. The following simple plan shows the Gantt Chart view using the Schedule view table. As Trevor noted, when using forward scheduling (i.e. schedule from Project start), the Start and Early Start fields are the same and the Finish and Early Finish fields are the same.

If you hover your mouse over any of the column headers, a short explanation of that field will appear. By pressing F1 the Project help topic on that field will be displayed.

If total slack is not what you mean by "Time Reserve", then please describe what you mean and we will help you find a way to calculate and display it.

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:41 PM

All replies

• In a critical path network, every task has an early start, early finish, late start, late finish.

By default, the Gantt chart and entry table show the early start and early finish.

See the schedule table. They are all there.

I am not sure if this is the same as your "time reserve" but the total slack is the difference between the early and late dates.

Any help?

• Proposed as answer by John - Project Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:41 PM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 10:06 AM
  • PeterHello1,

I think Trevor explained what data Project already has but perhaps a screenshot might help your understanding.

The Early Start, Late Start, Early Finish, and Late Finish fields are not explicitly shown in the default Gantt Chart view table (Entry) but they are shown if you apply the Schedule view table to the Gantt Chart view. The following simple plan shows the Gantt Chart view using the Schedule view table. As Trevor noted, when using forward scheduling (i.e. schedule from Project start), the Start and Early Start fields are the same and the Finish and Early Finish fields are the same.

If you hover your mouse over any of the column headers, a short explanation of that field will appear. By pressing F1 the Project help topic on that field will be displayed.

If total slack is not what you mean by "Time Reserve", then please describe what you mean and we will help you find a way to calculate and display it.

Hope this helps.

John

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Thank you!! You both helped me!!
    Monday, November 25, 2019 3:13 PM
  • PeterHello1,

You're welcome and thanks for the feedback.

John

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:51 PM