DHCP server issuing two DNS server addresses RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

I have a DHCP server configured with DNS server option which actually contains two or more DNS server IP addresses. Is there any way how to make the DHCP server issue the addresses in random order to each client (something like roundrobin) so that the clients are balanced between the DNS servers?

thank you

ondrej.
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:04 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your post here.

I am afraid that DHCP server could not be configured to provide DNS server IP address in a "round robin" way. As an alternative solution, you may manually configure different DHCP options for several groups of the clients.

For example, you may create DHCP reservations with specified Options with different orders of DNS servers.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

• Marked as answer by Miles Li Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:50 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2009 10:29 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

Thank you for your post here.

I am afraid that DHCP server could not be configured to provide DNS server IP address in a "round robin" way. As an alternative solution, you may manually configure different DHCP options for several groups of the clients.

For example, you may create DHCP reservations with specified Options with different orders of DNS servers.

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

• Marked as answer by Miles Li Wednesday, December 2, 2009 8:50 AM
    Friday, November 27, 2009 10:29 AM
  • agree absolutely with Miles
    Monday, November 30, 2009 5:10 AM