Error removing SharePoint Server 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I am having issues removing a SharePoint 2007 server from the farm.  I have disconnected the server from SharePoint but the server is still showing in CA.   When I click the remove server link I get this error message below.  Version 12.0.0.4518 I am using the SharePoint System account to removed the SharePoint server. 

All the servers in the Farm are having major issues and I need to rebuild each one of them.   How can I correct this error so I can removed the server from CA?  Is there another way I can removed this server correctly?

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.DeleteObject(Guid id)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPConfigurationDatabase.DeleteObject(SPPersistedObject obj)
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPPersistedObject.Delete()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPServer.Delete()
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.WebControls.TopologyView.RemoveLink_Click(Object sender, CommandEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.WebControls.LinkButton.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, November 12, 2010 9:18 PM 2007 added to Title
    Friday, November 12, 2010 8:46 PM

Answers

All replies