none
Need to Setup Project Server in existing SharePoint 2013 farm RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have already SharePoint 2013 farm having  4-WFE Servers, 2-Application Servers, 3-dedicated Search Servers, 2-DB servers (Clustering enabled). Now I want to add one more App server having Project Server 2013 in this existing farm environment so Please check the below steps. Please let me know If I am wrong in the approach.

1. Need to install PS 2013 on all the WFE, Applications and Search Servers.
    2. Need to Run Sharepoint wizard on all the servers one by one. (Is it mandatory to run wizard on each server or should run only on application servers only)
    3. The project Server service should run only on application servers.

Regards, Pankaj Waghmare - MCTS | Consultant

Friday, May 16, 2014 6:29 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Those steps are correct for high level :) One thing you might need to do is after installing Project Server on all the servers is apply the same CU / SP to Project Server as SharePoint (using the Project Server equivalent patch) so Project Server and SharePoint are patched at the same level. I would do this after installing PS2013 and before you run the wizard on each server.

I would ensure you test this on a non prod farm first and ensure you have a roll back plan in place.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:18 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Those steps are correct for high level :) One thing you might need to do is after installing Project Server on all the servers is apply the same CU / SP to Project Server as SharePoint (using the Project Server equivalent patch) so Project Server and SharePoint are patched at the same level. I would do this after installing PS2013 and before you run the wizard on each server.

I would ensure you test this on a non prod farm first and ensure you have a roll back plan in place.

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com | CPS

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Thanks a lot PW Mather.. :)

Regards, Pankaj Waghmare - MCTS | Consultant

Friday, May 16, 2014 8:44 AM