I'm still trying to apply a reg change for all users to map drives. RRS feed

• Question

• I have this registry entry below:

HKEY_Current_User\Network\*SMBv1 Drive Letter*

Right click and "Create New" > DWORD > Value = ProviderFlags and Value = 1

This looks through all the network drives and adds the DWord and Value for each.
    However, this is only per user, the initial user. It doesn't apply to all users or future users.

I also have a PS script:

New-ItemProperty -Path ‘HKLM:SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dnscache\Parameters\’ -Name DisableNRPTForAdapterRegistration -PropertyType DWORD -Value 0 -Force

This is all done for the current user. I need something in HKLM that adds that ProviderFlags for all drives for any user.

So far, we can only use 2004 on a pc where one user is using it. With multiple user pcs we can't go there yet. GPO group hasn't found where to add that GPO at sign on like it worked in 1809.

I had a thought of putting a batch file in startup but that is not what they desire. So, I need to modify the registry somewhere
    so that all users have that registry change, not just current user. This is all a work-around until a GPO is found for 2004 to map network drives at logon, for every user.

Friday, October 9, 2020 4:36 PM

Answers

• I found a reg edit in HKLM that just applies to the whole machine rather than user based.
    • Marked as answer by the1rickster Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:32 PM
    Wednesday, October 14, 2020 1:32 PM