none
DISM Tool (The Source File Could Not Be Found)

Question

• I was running the DISM tool and it was almost completed until it ran into an error

This is what i found in the CBS.log file

I have currently no idea what to do next to fix it. All i have now is the latest Windows 10 ISO in my USB

Side Note: Surprisingly, sfc/scannow did not detect any integrity violation
    Monday, April 17, 2017 5:20 AM

Answers

• Hi Kenneth Koay,

This is a known issue for Windows 10 1703 version. I have submitted the issue on my side. You could use the "Feedback" hub to submit the issue. I hope it could be fixed in the near future.
    Here is a similar case for reference:
    DISM problem to repair image after upgrading to 1703 Enterprise
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/44505e80-8b44-400e-be6f-2d95b8a7805e/dism-problem-to-repair-image-after-upgrading-to-1703-enterprise?forum=win10itprosetup

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kenneth Koay Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:25 AM

All replies

• Hello,

See if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/dism-error-0x800f081f-the-source-files-could-not-be-found-windows-10

Hope this helps, Good luck :)

Microsoft MVP (Windows and Devices for IT)

Windows Insider MVP

Windows Help & Support [www.kapilarya.com]

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:01 AM
  • Dism restorehealth is working properly for windows 10 version 1607 and is malfunctioning with windows 10 version 1703.  It's been reported multiple times in TechNet and other websites.

If you find any solutions please post.

Monday, April 17, 2017 8:07 AM
  • Both the command step and the iso step did not work
    Monday, April 17, 2017 11:09 AM
  • Hi Kenneth Koay,

This is a known issue for Windows 10 1703 version. I have submitted the issue on my side. You could use the "Feedback" hub to submit the issue. I hope it could be fixed in the near future.
    Here is a similar case for reference:
    DISM problem to repair image after upgrading to 1703 Enterprise
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/44505e80-8b44-400e-be6f-2d95b8a7805e/dism-problem-to-repair-image-after-upgrading-to-1703-enterprise?forum=win10itprosetup

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Kenneth Koay Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:23 AM
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 2:25 AM
  • Wow i searched the feedback hub and it's a widespread issue. I upvoted any feedback concerning the DISM error after the Creators Update. Thank You
    Tuesday, April 18, 2017 3:25 AM
  • Ken, my situation exactly, as I've posted in a couple of different Forums.  Hopefully Microsoft will resolve this real pain-in-the-neck glitch like, yesterday.  How the (supposedly) "finished product" (aka the Creator's Update) ever got out the door with this apparently well-known & documented bug is beyond comprehension.  I mean, how hard can this be to fix, since it's been working just fine in numerous previous versions of Windows?

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:25 AM
  • Thank you; will do...

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 4:25 AM