none
Automatic Approval of timesheets at the resource level RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a Manager that would like all of the timesheets submitted from her resources (she is both their Resource Manager and Timesheet Approver) to be automatically approved, rather than her needing to approve them.  The tasks the Manager's resources use vary based on client work they engage in so we need to do this at the resource level, not the task level. 

Thanks,

-Kate

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Kate,

Simply edit the resources in question, and select the resources themselfes as the timesheet manager. Then the submitted timesheets of those resources will be automatically approved.

Did I get it right?

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Thursday, April 17, 2014 6:27 PM
  • Hi Kate,

If you want your manager to automatically approve the timesheet and status updates , try creating an approval rule from approval center.

By default if you set the resource himself as Timesheet manager, it would be approved automatically.

Status manager would be approving the status updates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers! Happy troubleshooting !!! Phani - MSFT Enterprise Project Management

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been useful to you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Friday, April 18, 2014 10:28 PM
  • Hi Kate

If I understand correctly, you want the automatic approval for specific resources.

You can create a rule in approval center (approval center -> Manage rules -> New) and specify the resources to whom the rule applies under "Resources" section.

==Anil==

Monday, April 21, 2014 6:31 PM